After the exciting finish of the 1st test at Kolkata, host and guest are in Nagpur. This is going to be an important test match for the both teams in scenes of taking the advantages in the test series. Since the series was start well by the both teams, so it is obvious to get another exciting match.
Both teams were preparing to come up with their best combination. Captain kholi, Indian captain was in little bit passer situation due to not able to win the first match of the series.
Early at the morning both Sri Lankan and Indian captain went the center to attain the toss. Sri Lankan captain won the toss and elected to bat first. It was looking right decision taken by the Lankan captain.
It was expecting that Sri Lankan batsman would put fighting score at first inning to put Indian batsman under some short of passer. On the other hand Indian team was confident enough on their bowlers to bowl them out within short time.
- Sri Lanka 1st innings: Opener’s S samarawickrama and FDM Karanaratne start the innings. Opening partnership did not last long. S samarawickrama got out at the total of 20.
- First Drinks break at the Sri Lankan innings was at 12.0 over’s. Team total was 32/1 in at first break. After the first wicket fall H thirimanne was in the center to make partnership with Karunaratna (FDM Karunaratne 14, HDRL Thirimanne 3). Indian bowlers were bolwing with control and up to lunch break Sri Lanka was in - 47/2 in 27.0 overs. Between this time thirimane got out and went back to the dugout. (FDM Karunaratne 21, AD Mathews 1) Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 27.5 over’s (168 balls), Extras 3. Indian bowler was bowling with right length and line. Therefore it was not easy for the Sri Lankan batsman to score runs quickly. At the last ball of 29 over’s out was given by umpire Joel Wilson. But for what? Review for LBW. It was caught by Rahane at slip, but there was no bat, the bat came down and struck the front pad, which caused it to deflect away, preventing the bat from meeting the ball, which meant there was a free path for the ball to first hit the front pad, then the back pad. Two reds on review and umpire's call on impact with stumps, just clipping the leg stump. Feel the umpire hedged his bets slightly there; it was out one way or another. In the end, umpire's call does for Mathews. It was the slider from Jadeja, full around middle, and kept sliding on.
- Over 30.6: Review by India (Bowling), Umpire - RA Kettleborough, Batsman - FDM Karunaratne (Struck down)
- At the end of 44.4 over’s Sri Lanka was in 100 runs at 269 balls including Extras 3. Still Indian bowlers were in control and trying hard to get the wicket of Sri Lankan batsman as early as possible.
- Drinks: Sri Lanka - 105/3 in 45.0 overs (FDM Karunaratne 44, LD Chandimal 26). It was slow from the Sri Lankan batsman since they have started their inning. No one in the center could not come to the pary of scoring runs at suitable rate due to lack of fruit full partnership but both this batsman is looking solid and adble to put 50 runs in 97 balls (FDM Karunaratne 24, LD Chandimal 26, Ex 0) 4th Wicket. FDM Karunaratne got his 50 off 132 balls (6 x 4).
- Over 50.6: Review by Sri Lanka (Batting), Umpire - RA Kettleborough, Batsman - FDM Karunaratne (Umpires Call). Ishant was trying hard to get wicket wicket. Persistence has paid off. Isant was keeps plugging away at length. The awkward angle, just keeps going across, resulted in Dimuth being rooted to the crease. Played all around this one to be rapped on top of the pad, and ball tracker says this would've hit the top of off stump.Umpire's call, so the decision stays. The only consolation is Sri Lanka won't lose a review.
- At the end of the 58 overs Sri Lanka slow run scoring rate is continuing and score was 150 runs in 58.4 overs (353 balls) with 3 extra.after one over it was tea time. Sri Lanka went to tea with 151/4 in 59.0 overs (LD Chandimal 47, N Dickwella 18). Through out the day Indian bowlers was mainting proper line and length and restrict the Sri Lankan batsmen to get quick runs.
- Ater the tea break Sri lankan capatic got his D Chandimal: 50 off 97 balls (4 x 4, 1 x 6). He was playing his game well. Since the 1st season of the innings of the this match he was trying to hold the innings together and want to give an fighting first innings score.
- Over 68.2: Review by Sri Lanka (Batting), Umpire - RA Kettleborough, Batsman - MDK Perera (Upheld). Over 70.4: Review by Sri Lanka (Batting), Umpire - RA Kettleborough, Batsman - MDK Perera (Struck down). It is very rear to seen of using too much review system in a game. Another review was taken by the Indian bowlers at Over 71.3: Review by India (Bowling), Umpire - JS Wilson, Batsman - LD Chandimal (Upheld)
- At the end of the day Drinks: Sri Lanka - 190/8 in 74.0 over’s (HMRKB Herath 1, RAS Lakmal 5). It was really critical situation for them. Tail ender was trying hard to get the team out of that situation but fail to do so. Indian bowlers were proving tough for them to play with. Sri Lanka: 200 runs in 77.2 over’s (465 balls), Extras 3. It was final rap up for the sri Lankan batting at the 79 over’s Sri Lanka - 205/10 in 79.1 over’s (PLS Gamage 0). It was innings break time now Indian batsman was preparing to get out at the center to face the bowling attack of the Sri Lankan team.
- India 1st innings, Indian tow inform openers Vijay and KL Rahul was planning for closing the day with disturbing wicket section of the score board. Sri Lankan bowlers had another plan to start the innings with getting one or two wickets. End Of Day: India - 11/1 in 8.0 over’s (M Vijay 2, CA Pujara 2)
- Since the second day start both batsman was looking confident enough to put solid foundation for the first innings and get the advantages of bowling performance. At the end of the first drinks break India was - 43/1 in 24.0 over’s (M Vijay 22, CA Pujara 13).
- Like first innings of Sri Lanka India was also not able to score runs quickly. Sri Lankan bowlers were bowling with commend as well as batsman were also making sure to stay at the middle without taking extra ricks. India made 50 runs in 26.2 over’s (158 balls), Extras 1
- It was clearly seen that both batsman are looking forward to get a solid partnership. In this process they play solid without taking too much risk. They made 2nd Wicket partnership of : 50 runs in 143 balls (M Vijay 35, CA Pujara 14, Ex 1).
- It was important match for the oper Vijay. He was little bit shaky at the start of the innings but settled at a point to reach 50 off 112 balls (6 x 4). It was not about making runs with acceleration but remain solid to get going.
- As we all know first season is always play vital role for any team to set the momentum for the all day. Indian tow batsman done the job well and remain unbeaten. On ther other hand Sri Lankan bowlers were tried hard to get wicket but fail to do so. At Lunch: India - 97/1 in 39.0 overs (M Vijay 56, CA Pujara 33)
- After the lunch Indian was looking forward to get accelerate and score was 100 runs in 41.4 overs (250 balls), Extras 1. Still not good scoring rate but not slow also.
- Two batsman vijay and pujara was looking solid to build the innings for long run. They put solid 2nd Wicket partnership of 100 runs in 260 balls (M Vijay 65, CA Pujara 34, Ex 1). Both the batsman was looking forward to get their centuries.
- At drinks break after the lunch India was in 136/1 in 54.0 overs (M Vijay 78, CA Pujara 50). It seems they are now in mood to make the scoring rate up ward.
- CA Pujara is one of the consistence perfomer of team Indian and scoring ton of runs as a iddle order batsman. Like other games of India he mad another half century and giving the sign of making another century in longer formate. He amd solid 50 off 145 balls (7 x 4).
- India reach score of 150 runs in 55.2 overs (332 balls), Extras 1. Still Sri lankan bowlers trying hard to break this thrighting partnership within quick time.
- Over 57.1: Review by Sri Lanka (Bowling), Umpire - JS Wilson, Batsman - M Vijay (Struck down). Reviews shown in the favor of Indian team. So solid foundation remain solid to make huge.
- This two rock solid batsman remain unbeaten and made 2nd Wicket partnership of 150 runs in 321 balls (M Vijay 93, CA Pujara 57, Ex 1). M vijay is going to make another century and come back strongly at Indian team. After few over he got his century M Vijay: 100 off 187 balls (9 x 4, 1 x 6). It was wonderfully decorated with patient and class. This century will help M Vijay to get back his place at Indian team.
- 2nd day of the match at Tea time India was 185/1 in 65.0 over’s (M Vijay 106, CA Pujara 71). It was good going for the team India. They did not lose any wickets.
- India reach the total of 200 runs in 70.6 over’s at (426 balls), Extras 1. Run rate is keep growing steadily.
- 2nd Wicket: 200 runs in 417 balls (M Vijay 125, CA Pujara 77, Ex 1). Second wicket partnership between M vijay and pujara made double century. It seems dangerous for the Sri Lankan. So they were looking forward to break the partnership as early as possible.
- Over 77.1: Review by Sri Lanka (Bowling), Umpire - JS Wilson, Batsman - V Kohli (Struck down). This time decision went to the favor of the Sri Lankan bowlers and got the wicket of M Vijay. Now it was the turn of Mr Run machine and most successful batsman in this year and captain of team Indian Mr Virat Kholi.
- Sri Lankan captain opted to introduce new ball at the game and New ball taken at 80.1 over’s. Sri Lankan captain wanted to use the new ball to get the wicket as early as possible.
- Drinks time at the day end India was 245/2 in 82.0 over’s (CA Pujara 91, V Kohli 18). Mr dependable Pujara is a heading towards another century. On the other hand Lankan bowlers wanted to get him out as early as possible.
- Indian total score was 250 runs in 83.4 over’s (502 balls), Extras 1. Now the total is looking good with good run rate.
- One of the dependable batsmen of team Indian mr. dependable got another century at his belt. CA Pujara: 100 off 246 balls (11 x 4). He played solid with confident and also stay cool to get the run. Captain kholi was going with passé and looking rock solid to make another minestrone. In short time 3rd Wicket partnership reach the 50 runs mark in 70 balls (CA Pujara 21, V Kohli 28, Ex 1) and total India score went to 300 runs in 95.1 over’s (571 balls), Extras 2.
- Virat kholi is in supreme form of his carrier and looking forward to get another century. In this process he made V Koholi: 50 off 66 balls (5 x 4). He was looking for attacking mood then 1 test which was threatening for the team Sri Lanka. At the End Of Day: India - 312/2 in 98.0 overs (CA Pujara 121, V Kohli 54). It was surely that the day is belongs to the Indian.
- At the 3rd day morning season was crucial for both the team to get the advantages of the pitch. India was looking solid to set good score on the other hand Sri Lankan was looking for getting the benefit of the pitch and took wickets as early as possible. Two most powerful batsman of team Indian remain solid and put the partnership of 100 runs in 148 balls at 3rd Wicket (CA Pujara 41, V Kohli 59, Ex 1).
- After the joining of Indian captain kholi run scoring rate of team India is getting higher at reach 350 runs in 112.3 over’s (675 balls), Extras 2. They way both batsmen are playing it was clearly seen that India is looking forward to put big score at the first innings and put passer to the Sri Lankan. At the time of Drinks: India - 360/2 in 114.0 over’s (CA Pujara 132, V Kohli 91). It was seems that kholi is getting closer to make another century and get closer to make big one.
- Unlike earlier partnership both this batsman are playing well and made 3rd Wicket: 150 runs in 249 balls (CA Pujara 54, V Kohli 98, Ex 1). Soon after Indian captain and run machine took his century in this year. V Kohli: 100 off 130 balls (10 x 4)
- India is looking for put huge score at the board and put team Sri Lanka under an enormous passer. Total score was 400 runs in 125.2 over’s (752 balls), Extras 3. After the dismissal of pujara another solid Indian batsman Rahane got out at the center. He is one of the solid batsman of Indian line up. At the time of lunch India was 404 for 3 in 127.0 over’s (V Kohli 123, AM Rahane 0).
- India: 450 runs in 139.2 overs (836 balls), Extras 3. It seems that India is in a position to put huge total and make though for the Sri Lankan to get that and send Indian batsman to make the chase.
- V Kohli: 150 off 193 balls (14 x 4, 1 x 6). During this time Indian captain reach 150 runs and going to make another record. At Drinks: India - 456/4 in 142.0 over’s (V Kohli 153, RG Sharma 20). Rahane was not in his color. He went back to the pavilion without too much disturbing the score board. Now come back batsman Rohit Sharma at the middle with captain kholi. At 5th Wicket partnership 50 runs in 82 balls (V Kohli 27, RG Sharma 25, Ex 0). In quick time Indian reach the total of 500 runs in 152.2 overs (914 balls) with Extras 6.
- Along with ran machine captain kholi another Indian batting super star RG Sharma is also got his 50 off 98 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6). His inning was full of control and looking so committed to do well in the long format too. Before went to the tea break Tea: India - 507/4 in 157.0 overs (V Kohli 170, RG Sharma 51)
- At the 5th Wicket partnership both run machine made solid partnership of 100 runs in 169 balls (V Kohli 146, RG Sharma 52, Ex 3).
- India: 550 runs in 165.3 over’s (993 balls), Extras 9. Again Indian batsman able to put strong partnership at 5th Wicket: 150 runs in 220 balls (V Kohli 169, RG Sharma 75, Ex 6). V Kohli: 200 off 259 balls (15 x 4, 2 x 6). It was outstanding contribution from the right handed captain performance. He also makes the record of making double hundreds as a record 6 times. At drinks team India at 590/5 in 172.0 over’s (RG Sharma 85, R Ashwin 3). Captain kholi got out and went back to the pavilion.
- India reach 600 runs in 174.4 overs (1048 balls), Extras 9 now all are wafting to get the declaration call from Indian captain.
- RG Sharma: 100 off 160 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6). It was needed for the rohit sharma to get back at the longer fomate of the game. He was cool and cum enough to play according to the merit of the ball.
- Sri Lanka 2nd innings, it was huge task for the Sri lankan batsman to get out of the trouble and start well but they fell and at the End Of Day: Sri Lanka was 21/1 in 9.0 overs (FDM Karunaratne 11, HDRL Thirimanne 9).
- Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 20.6 overs (126 balls), Extras 1
- Drinks: Sri Lanka - 68/3 in 25.0 overs (AD Mathews 10, LD Chandimal 16)
- Sri Lanka: 100 runs in 32.2 overs (194 balls), Extras 1
- Over 35.1: Review by Sri Lanka (Batting), Umpire - RA Kettleborough, Batsman - MDK Perera (Struck down)
- LD Chandimal: 50 off 63 balls (9 x 4)
- Lunch: Sri Lanka - 145/8 in 41.0 overs (LD Chandimal 53, RAS Lakmal 19)
- Sri Lanka: 150 runs in 42.4 overs (256 balls), Extras 1
- 9th Wicket: 50 runs in 49 balls (LD Chandimal 25, RAS Lakmal 27, Ex 0)
- Over 45.2: Review by India (Bowling), Umpire - RA Kettleborough, Batsman - RAS Lakmal (Struck down)
It was come back match for the team India. After the close finishing of the first game. Every one was looking forward to get advantajes of the 2nd test and reamin ahead in the 3 matches test series. Now it was passer situation for the visitor to get the wining momentum for them in the tournamnet.